Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Simple & Sentimental Valentine Mantel






I mentioned the other day that I was going to do mostly neutrals for my Valentine decor this year. I finally got my mantel area together! 

I will be setting up a little "love note station" for the kids that will be much more colorful, but here I'm going for a lighter look. 



This room is always challenging as far as lighting for photos, but I'm not a photographer and I just do the best I can with editing. Sometimes things come out a little fuzzy, but let's just go with it, ok? Thanks for understanding : )



Sometimes the simplest thing ends up getting the most attention. My Recycled Paper Heart Wreath was featured on Funky Junk's I Love That Junk site {thanks again, Donna!} and has had hundreds of views on my Hometalk page since I posted it yesterday. If you have some cardboard (I used a cereal box) and shredded paper, you can put one of these together in no time at all!



 Even though I chose to keep my mantel area simple and calm this year, I do LOVE looking at all the cheerful and colorful decorations out there on Pinterest and other blogs! 





I am blessed to have lots of beautiful old buttons that belonged to my grandmother. I simply put a handful in a cute little glass.


I just love the soft, time-worn look of vintage buttons, don't you?
Knowing my grandma collected these over many years makes them extra special to me. 



Simple little piece of slate I also used on my Winter mantel.
I used a piece of vintage sheet music to wrap a dollar store candle and added a little twine and a brown paper heart. 






Little cherub was also used in my Christmas decor.



Over here I showed you how I made Valentine Love Potion bottles using free printables from Knick of Time. Angie always has tons of inspiration, so be sure and check it out when you have a minute!



 This stamped fabric scrap ribbon and handmade lace rose were used on the unity candle at my daughter's wedding. I attached them to a charming little basket and filled it with vintage sheet music love songs.












The Valentine in the white frame has some special significance to me. Perhaps I'll share about that in another post...


Just a little detail here. If you're hanging something that will have the nail exposed, why not use something a little prettier? 
These upholstery tacks are easy to find and they just add a tiny spot of charm. This tack was dark metal and I wanted it to tie in with the white backdrop so I just swiped my finger across it with a spot of white paint.



Under the mantel shelf I hung the Simple LOVE Banner  I shared this week. 
 


This is another simple no-sew project using fabric scraps and glue!




 



 


A little bit handmade, a little bit vintage and a little bit sentimental. That's my idea of a charming Valentine's Day vignette. 

Sunday blessings to you, my friends!

Jeanette


Sharing over at:

Alderberry Hill-Make the Scene Monday 
The Dedicated House-Make It Pretty Monday
Liz Marie-"Love It" Link Party  
Cozy Little House-Tweak It Tuesday 
Cedar Hill Ranch-Cowgirl Up! 
Homemaker On a Dime-Creative Bloggers Party 
twelveOeight-Pretty Things Link Party
Creative Cain Cabin-Budget Decorating Party
Homa Style-Valentine Link Party   
Knick of Time Tuesday 
Coastal Charm-Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesdays 
Vintage On A Dime-Welcome Home Wednesday
Timewashed-Blissful Whites Wednesday 
StoneGable-Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits  
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson-Share Your Cup Thursday 
Embracing Change-Creative Inspirations 
The Style Sisters-Centerpiece Wednesday 
The Charm of Home-Home Sweet Home 
French Country Cottage-Feathered Nest Friday 







19 comments:

  1. This is so pretty - love all your details but especially love that heart wreath - rustic and shabby and gorgeous!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots of pretty ideas for your Valentine Vignette! Thanks for sharing them with us, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I came across your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy I found you site. I love this! That wreath is awesome.
    I'm having a Valentine link party and would love to see your wreath and mantle at the party.
    The link is
    http://homastyle.com/wp/2013/01/30/valentine-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous Jeanette! I love the sheet music and love potion :)

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantel is lovely and I adore that paper shredded or shredded paper, (I guess) covered heart. I wish I had some shredded paper, perhaps I can make some! Thanks for the tute, I went over to it and read it. I want to make that now.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantle looks beautiful! I love neutral for Valentines! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty... Thanks for linkin up this week... Love your posts!!! Blessings... Deb Vintage On A Dime

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fabulous job .... and your photos were great! The buttons that belonged to your grandmother are so sweetly placed where all can see. I love old white buttons and have jars of them! I will also take some time to see how you created the wreath. Congratulations of being featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whole mantel is gorgeous and that wreath is spectacular. I can see why it's getting so much attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantel is very peaceful. I love it very much, especially the music sheets you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower from Blissful Whites Wednesday. After looking at all the beautiful pictures, I am suddenly remembering my mother's living-room wide mantel that could have used some whitening-up to relieve the unending 70's wood paneling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for visiting Homa Style and linking your Valentine mantle and heart.
    Have a wonderful Valentines Day!
    Remember to visit again on the last Wednesday of February for the Inspire Me link party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your decor is so soft and sweet! So happy to have found your blog today and be your newest fan. It's great to meet other Christian bloggers! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mantel is so soft and serene. I really love the look. the wreath is so fun. Love things that can be made from stuff you have around the house. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jeanette! Love your mantel! It is just so lovely! That wreath is adorable, and I love all of the other special touches!! Thanks so much for sharing at Blissful Whites Wednesday!! Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found you by way of Blissful Whites! What a lovely mantel you have created and I love the wreath! Such creativity!!
    I live in Colorado too- the Southeast side though!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!